Sunday, April 26, 2009

question nr. 2

What kind of summer jobs do you have (and how long are your summer holidays)?

17 comments:

  1. There are a lot of jobs at restaurants or stores. I used to work at a pizza place. Our summer is usually about 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at a restaurant and will be a waitress this summer. Our summer vacation is a couple months, but seniors get out of school early and have more time off!
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work at an animal hospital and a catering business over the summer and on Saturdays during the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work at the local playhouse during the summer as a camp counselor. It's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work at a amusement park called Water Country. I am a lifeguard and save lives every day. It can be very boring at times but it is also very rewarding when I save people.
    -Cory G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work at a restaurant during the summer and parts of the school year (it closes during the winter months). Summer break is from late June to early September.

    -Chelsea D

    ReplyDelete
  7. We live in a tourist town so there are a lots of jobs for kids our age. I personally work at a seafood restaurant called Fosters Clambake as a cook. Other kids work for landscaping companies, other restaurants and stores. Not everyone works in York either, some work in nearby towns. Summer vacation is about 2 and a half months. We get off near the end of June and go back during the first week of September. Seniors get off even earlier though and don't have school in June and graduate June 11th.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I work at a take-out window in a fish market with my brother; it smells really bad! It's really busy in the summer because of all the tourists.

    -Shelly P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i work at the local True Value Hardware Store year round but i work the most during our 3 or so months of summer vacation
    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm currently in need of a summer job, but I volunteer at our local hospital in a program called Helping Hands and it's actually pretty fun. :)
    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  11. i work on a lobster boat all summer about 5 days a week. at the end of the day i smell real bad from baiting the traps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work at a restaurant that is next to the Nubble Lighthouse. The Nubble Lighthouse is in York and is a very popular place for the summer tourists to go and take pictures.

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just landed a job at a really fancy restaurant called Arrows, it costs at least $100 (USD) per person to eat there. Our summer vacation is about two and a half months, it's a great time to work and concentrate on a sport.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I work for my dad painting houses in the Summer

    ReplyDelete
  15. I work at Brown's Ice Cream, which is one of the most well known ice cream place's in the country! Our summer vacation is about two and half months, but we have a few weeks at the end of summer for soccer preseason.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I work at a store on the beach scooping ice cream and serving coffee.

    -Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bei uns in deutschland arbeiten eher wenige jugendliche in ihren sommerferien!

    ReplyDelete